Waiting for COVID to be Over Festival!
We’re inviting you to participate in a series of events, both virtual and in-person, over the next two weeks. We can’t sing together yet but we can have some fun!
The festival has four elements.
Our Favourite Sounds - April 25 to May 6 virtually ‘hosted’ by PP on social media- We invite all of you to help create some themed musical theatre playlists by sending in your personal favourites. We’ll compile the lists on our website and will share samples on our social media over the months of May and June.
We’d like to create three different playlists:
- straight-up favourite musical songs
- favourite sing-along musical songs
- favourite musical songs to workout with
Find us @ptarmiganptheatrics
Let’s Read - Wed Apr 28 7:30 pm
We’ll head over to Ptarmigan Studio for a group read of the script St Francis Preaches to the Birds by David Ives. Each participant will receive their script section ahead of time (pre-registration required - 15 people max) Participants remain seated during read.
Introduction to lighting design workshop - Monday May 3 (7:00 pm zoom) and Tuesday May 4 (7:00 pmNACC) – Ian Johnston who has created lighting magic for many Ptarmigan and other shows will introduce the basics of lighting design. This will be followed by a show and tell at NACC with Martin Emslander, Technical Director for NACC and lighting specialist. (pre-registration required - 12 people max)
Step-in-time - Wed May 5, 6:00pm with host Phoenix- - a basic tap session at the Ptarmigan Studio (pre-registration required - 12 people max) Tap shoes encouraged but optional Approximately 1.5 hours.
A few general notes:
- Please pre-register by emailing email@example.com. Please do not try to register for the workshops through our social media. You will receive confirmation that you have a spot in the workshop(s).
- You need to have at least your first dose of moderna vaccine to attend (our high school alumni should advise us if you are still under 18 for an exemption)
- All in-person sessions require masking and distancing at all times. No shared food or drink – water bottles would be allowed.
- First priority for in-person sessions goes to Ptarmigan alumni who register by April 27th at noon.